Sunday, May 11, 2008

me, a t-shirt gal?

Yes, I'm growing =) And I'm pleased. It seems to mean that there is a growing baby inside that is at an ever-so-fast pace, slowly taking over my body. NOTHING FITS. There I said it. Oh, sure the huge 'ole t-shirts that I don't wear. I'm not a t-shirt wearing girl. I, personally, feel like a butch in big, baggy t-shirts. I am DETERMINED to be a cute a mom, as well as a cute pregnant woman. There is only one problem, I'm pretty sure that I should wear clothes in the process. Thursday evening, I ventured to a nearby 'city' (it's bigger than ours!) with my sister and cousin to spend some girl time. Our plan - to indulge at a fabulous steakhouse, shop, and indulge again in some great ice cream. The steak - perfect, the ice cream - everything I expected it to be and more, the shopping - was, uh, yeah. They had ONE STORE with a maternity section the size of a fitting room and unless you wanted the same shirt in 14 different colors, there wasn't much to choose from. Everything I tried on just didn't work. My cousin kept saying, well, it will look cute when you get bigger. Exactly, I need something for NOW. And yes, let me begin my rant by expressing that I am picky. I nearly had a meltdown in the fitting room (yes, the 'fitting' room, did I mention that nothing 'fit' in the 'fitting' room...). Pregnancy is a joyous time, I want to look the part. I suppose the thing that bugs me is that upon entering this new summer season, my last years clothes just don't fit. So, I have an enormous amount of sorting and packing away to do. There is no use having my cute summer clothes from last year just staring at me, so I'll pack them up. I am determined to keep shopping and find things a little at a time and I won't be naked forever!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP