Wednesday, July 16, 2008

pregnancy whoa

I'm really haven't spoken much on the pregnancy front here on my pregnancy blog for quite some time. It really has turned into more of a personal blog. I have several posts that I have written and just haven't published because they aren't complete yet!

I wanted this to be a way I could document the ups and downs of my pregnancy, so I could remember as much as possible. We all know my memory fails me at times. And I'm sure that as times passes and the baby comes I'll remember even less!

But truly I have felt really good. I decided at the onset that this is not a curse, but a blessing, a blessing I thank God for everyday.


Here I am, open and honest on the pregnancy front:
*The one thing negative that I have experienced and I feel like I can truly say this is the HORRIBLE leg cramps! I get these great cramps AT NIGHT. I got a charlie horse in my right calf two nights ago and it still hurts. I must confess that when I was doing yoga, they weren't near as bad, I need to get back into it.
*I have learned that water is your most valuable resource never go without a gallon a day, seriously!
*I haven't noticed any swelling.
*My weight gained fluctuates quite a bit, but on my heaviest day thus far, I've gained a total of 12 lbs. (But I'm going to grandma's that could change REAL quick!)
*My hair is thicker, I don't think I've lost a hair in approximately 3 or 4 weeks! That's a miracle for me! (People told me this would happen, but I doubted them!)
*Finger nails are longer (Another thing I doubted!)
*I have the most clear skin I've ever had =)
*I have not a stretch mark in sight
*I can still see my toes, if I lean out a bit, but come on, it's hard for you too sometimes, just admit it!?!
*I had some crazy headaches around 17-20 weeks but I'm headache prone and it was really hot in my house, that makes a big difference
*I'm normally cold-blooded, I do get hotter easier. We were riding in the car and I had my a/c blasting and Jeremy was cold, I felt great!
*I love chocolate milk, and always have, but I'm sure, just positive that if I would cut that out of my diet, I would be better for it, but I just can't. It's my chocolate fix!
*I haven't noticed any weird cravings - I just love food, and hate to cook it!

That's about all I can dote on for now. I have observed that life is different. I'm not just heavier, I'm pregnant. Rolling out of bed is different. Sitting up in the night is different. Bending over is different. It's just different. And I need to be careful of that. I have the natural born tendency to push myself as hard as I can and I'm learning not to so much. The baby lets me know that isn't cool!

I'm loving it thus far and can't believe I only have 15 more weeks!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP