Tuesday, June 24, 2008

communication withdraws

I am writing this in Microsoft word as my internet server is down, and so is my cell phone, humph. I’m not sure what’s up, but I’m having communication withdraws. I woke up somewhat early around 7am and turned on the tv to watch one of the only two channels that I shamelessly can signal through my bunny ears. Which at 7am that means, either the today show or good morning America. I personally prefer the today show, but because the signal is better with gma, I tend to go with it. I was intrigued last night when I saw the advertisement for the mornings show when they were going to be talking with a pregnant teen from a school in Massachusetts, where they recently made headlines for having 17 girls pregnant in the small high school all at the same time. The reports claim the girls made a pact to get pregnant and support each other through this endeavor. I wanted to watch the report. I woke up, used the bathroom, and noticed my cell phone powering down. I thought it was strange as I completely charged it yesterday and no way the battery could be gone by now. I went to start charging it about 30 minutes later and in the process realized, I have no signal. I gave it some time, still no signal. I figured they have a problem. Got online and no internet. Grrr. This isn’t cool. No cell phone and no internet. What in the world will I do with myself? I need to go back to bed. I went back to bed thinking after things are up and going we’ll have signals again. Besides last night when I was going to bed we started in on a big thunderstorm and maybe a tower or something got hit, I don’t know. I went to bed. Jeremy came home to tell me neither one of us has cell phone service, I mentioned the internet. He had to leave for work. He came home a little bit later and found me sitting on the couch just eating a banana and looking at Jake. He said, “You don’t know what to do with your cell phone or internet, huh?” I was quickly reminded of our strong dependence on modern technology. It’s my generation. We are so used to it, it’s ingrained in us. We don’t have a landline telephone, so we are very dependent on our cell phones. It’s pretty crazy.
Jeremy told me I guess you’ll have to clean the house today then. That’s definitely something I’ve been putting off. We just have so much to do with it and I’m overwhelmed. We need to box up and store and even sell alot of our things. We have too much. We just do. And we don’t have room for it. And when we get to remodel our house we will need to move things from room to room and the least amount of things that we have to move, the better. So, now it’s a matter of what to keep and what to toss. I could very easily toss everything, Jeremy not so much. And that’s good. Surely we can create a happy medium, where I would toss everything, he would keep everything, there must be a balance. At least the things we can’t toss permanently we need to be able to box up and store for at least a year. So, maybe, hopefully, between checking every 30 minutes to see if I have internet or cell phone service, I’ll get a few things accomplished today. It’s 10:13am, and nadda so far.

ETA: Obviously, I'm back on, and so is my cell phone. It happened at around 11am.

1 comments:

K June 24, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

It's crazy how dependent we become on technology! I was without the internet for a week when we moved, and I about went crazy because I couldn't check my e-mail every five seconds. ;)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP