Sunday, July 12, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. I'm so behind.
Really.

Last weekend we took a mini road trip and headed over to Junction City to visit Jeremy's grandma. We left of Saturday and planned to stop as many times as we needed and swore to not make this a stressful trip. Macy has never rode in a car for that long so we expected it to take longer than usual. And actually she did very well. We went about 3 hours without stopping, and she slept most of that. When we did stop, we ditched the restaurants and found a roadside park. We threw down a blanket and unloaded the cooler. Macy loved being free and was everywhere on the blanket we hardly wanted to eat! I knew with us traveling to his grandma's house, she wouldn't have a highchair so I packed her bumbo - it was perfect!



Jeremy looks like he's having a great time huh?



I love it when she pulls her little lip in like this!

Next it was on the road again, stopping at my favorite shake place - Spangles. I'm serious, their cherry shakes are the best EVER! They are so creamy and flavor full.
I contemplated buying 10 on the way back home and piling them in the ice chest. Seriously. Ha!

Our goal was to arrive at said destination by 6pm, we made it around 4:30. It had been nearly 4 years since Jeremy had seen his grandma and it was SO special to see her again. And I loved going to the farm. Every family vacation he went on as a child included his grandma's estate on the farm. He has alot of memories there and I loved seeing it all.

We ordered pizza for dinner and had a great time enjoying the firecracker show out on their property. Macy Grace LOVED them. They did not scare her one little bit. At all. She sat on my lap and just watched them, then would look at me, then back at the show. It was great. Something else. Great Grandma Betty has kitty's. Cats actually, but I call them kittys. And I don't have a fond place in my heart for the fur covered friends but Macy loves all animals and everytime she saw the kitty she was squeal with delight!



That was close as the kitty could get before great-grandma would make the kitty run off! She didn't want lil love to get hurt as they are not used to babies.



Sunday we went to the lake so Jeremy could fish. He didn't catch anything :( But it was still fun. I actually put Macy Grace in her floaty in the lake, she did really good.







Then it was to the petting zoo.









The weekend turned out to be pretty nice, we enjoyed it!

2. Macy Grace is teething, and I might just poke my eyes out. It.is.horrible. Horrible. Teething gods, please bring back my sweet, loving, sleep-through-the-night, playful, cute, happy baby. I'm so over this. Teeth are definitely overrated ;)

3.

4. I'm still trying to work things out for my vacation. Lil love and I are suppossed to fly to Portland for my great grandma's 95th birthday celebration, and my tickets got canceled :( Boo. I have zero motivation to start researching for a ticket again.

5. I'm in the middle of a huge transition in my life. Hopefully I can expound more on that later.

6. Saturday was my bro Dalton's (I call him deena) birthday. He's 14. We had a party and he got Mario cart and a wii fit, so my family hung out playing the wii. All except for lil Lindsey. She was in Mexico City ministering to orphans.

7. Summer is almost over and I just don't know how I feel about it. I love summer. With all my being I love summer. And it just hasn't felt like summer this year.

8. Jeremy just walked in with this. One of my favorite drinks. Diet Crush. A whole tray. 24 of them. Yumm-o.



9. Twitter. Are you on? I am. Feel free to follow me, and I'll follow you! mindyupham

10. Today is one of my best friend's birthday. Happy 25 Tyler. I know you don't read my blog, but whatev. At least I told you =)

Have a great day folks! Seez the sunshine!!

1 comments:

Leslie G July 14, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

1. My dad grew up in Junction City!
Most of his relatives still live there.
2. I love me some spangles. And every single one of there shakes is delish. I'm also a big fan of the egg and cheese bagel.
3. I ordered the 55-200mm zoom lens with vibration reduction. I really should have just purchased the lens when I bought my camera, but I didn't. I have heard great things about the lens and it was just $210 dollars!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP