Tuesday, July 28, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. In less than 12 hours lil love and I will be boarding an airplane for beautiful Portland, Oregon.

2. I am thrilled about the trip and extremely excited to see my family and Alicia, I'm just sad about leaving J behind. I get nervous when my family is apart.

3. I have been spoiled the last two days. I didn't take off the last two days from work, but the week worked out perfect in that I only had a few kiddos and only for a couple of hours. I liked it, but was quickly reminded this afternoon of how ridiculously lonely I get not being around poeple. There is a reason I work!! Even if it's with children from whom I get zero adult interaction, it's interaction nonetheless!

4. I thought I would share my story of numero diez (that's 10) from last week. Okay, so I was about 13 years old. Back when it was so cool to paint your nails absolutely hideous colors like, say, yellow! And it was so popular that the stores didn't even sell yellow nail polish ::eyeroll:: So that left me with the only logical thing I could think of, and that was to make my own.
Yup. I took my starkling white polish and added a dab of yellow food coloring, shook it up, and what do you know - it turned yellow. Perfect. I'm a genius.
But now it's too thick (which doesn't have anything to do with adding the food coloring, the polish was just thick). And I needed it thinner. I was thirteen, young and witty, and knew that the microwave liquifies solids, like butter, surely zapping the bottle for a few seconds wouldn't hurt anything and would thin out the polish enough to do the trick. Let's just say that within 8 seconds the bottle had blown up, I had YELLOW finger nail polish all over the microwave and it smelled like burnt plastic. What was I too do? Oh yeah, go grab the nail polish remover.
True story.

5. Macy is obsessed with shoes. If she sees one of my shoes on the floor, she crawls at top speed over to the shoe, grabs it, turns over and with much gusto says, "Eeeeeeee!!!!!" and thus begins her 5 minute love affair. And sometimes when she's desperate for the one on one with her fascination, she'll pull my flip flop right off my foot. It keeps her entertained for at least 5 minutes every time.

6. On Saturday, a good friend of my family's got married. It was a nice and beautiful wedding. Congrats Joel and Elizabeth!

7. I'm really struggling with whole 10 thing because I have no pictures to show. They are on my laptop and I'm here on the desktop.

8. Scratch that. I have one on flickr that I don't think I've shown you, if I have forgive me. This is my bro and his wife.

IMG_6512 copy bw

9. Have I shown these?

Macy Grace 209 copy 1

Macy Grace 210 copy 1

Macy Grace 211 copy 1

10. Well, folks, I made it. Here's for 10 things bubbling in my life right now. Not sure if I'll be able to post for about week. Take care. I love you all.
xoxoxo

3 comments:

K July 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

Have fun in Oregon!

Olivia July 29, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

Those are great photos!

Rana July 31, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

Awe the green looks good on lil' love...now I just need to work on getting her a bow to go along with the outfit! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP