Thursday, July 16, 2009

house thoughts

I think we have made a tenative decision to go ahead and stay here in our house awhile longer. Moving into this house back when I was 40 weeks 3 days pregnant (it's true!), our plan was stay here a few months, a year max, and finish our previous abode. Besides we went from roughly 2,000 sq feet, with 2 bath, 4 bedrooms, a kitchen, dining room, living room, and office, with a separate laundry space and workshop for storage to a 1,100 sq feet, with 1 bath, 2 bedrooms, a kitchen/dining room/living room combo, office/playroom combo, laundry room/storage room combo. Our previous house is loaded with cabinets and closets, our living house is not. As a matter of fact, our previous home is still loaded with most of our things. Needless to say, in the last 8 months we have completed all but nothing on our previous home. Quite discouraging when you think of the fact that we loose ALOT of money every month partially occupying 2 homes. So, we needed to make a decision. A unfortunately we start discussing the topic, get frustrated because their is so much to do and we don't want to do it, and quit talking about it until the craziness of what we are doing again slaps us between the eyeballs. Thus the cycle starts all over. Not to mention we have our 'forever' home sitting in a beautiful neighborhood occupied by paying tenants and I drive by nearly everyday pining for the day that we get to move in. It's just not pracitical right now. Or at least that's what I tell myself everyday (my heart has yet to agree!).

So, we are at a crossroads. Do we move back to the loaded house (with the problems it has and halfway started renovation!?) and use living house as daycare only, opening space up and allowing more income? Do we reevaluate our living house situation and make it more practical allowing for more space? (Have I ever mentioned how I love pracitical living, thinking outside the box, and NON-CLUTTER??) Or do we take a plunge - asking our tentants to move out, then move into our 'forever' home in the outdated version it is (with absolutely ZERO cosmetic redo's for a LONG time) and call it good? Decisions, decisions.

It's not as easy as yes or no. Because I know what I want to do. But we're not sure that is the right move for our family right now. So, I sit and wait. However, time is running out. We need to make a decision - soon. So, we hit our heads against the wall, ran in opposite directions, and talked about it. I think for now, as of today, we are staying here. Our loaded house just simply isn't ready for us. We will be frustrated trying to live amoung the dirt and renovation. Plus, it's not healthy, especially for lil love.

Moving into our forever home is the option that is the hardest for me to walk away from, considering my love affair with the 1914 bungalow. It's hard for me to logically talk myself out of it, but nonetheless, I know us, and without all of our ducks in a row before moving in it just isn't good. So, the countdown is down. We will renew their lease for one more year. Next June, I'm moving in!

So that brings up to option 3, continue living in our living house and start living practically and make more room. So, that is precisely what we are doing. I'm moving out the dining room table.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP