Thursday, August 6, 2009

the reason I went

5 Generations.

There are 5 generations of women on my mother's side of the family. Every first born for 5 generations has been a woman. It's so fun!

We took several family pictures while we were there, but this one is my favorite. It actually makes me cry, I am THAT passionate about it. My great-grandma, my grandma, me, and Macy Grace. Nearly ninety-five years spans between us. Ninety-five.

Let not your eyes deceive you. There are only the four of us here. And it very painful for me, but my mother is not in the picture. She hasn't been in pictures for 10 years. She died in 1999 and it is hands down the most difficult thing I have ever experienced. But thanks be to God, I still have an amazing family that I love so much and we are very, very close to each other.

I have a picture of all the women in these five generations, but this one is my favorite. I will cherish it. I have no way of knowing if I will ever have another one again.

IMG_7268 web

2 comments:

Tori August 6, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

What a great picture! And how wonderful to have such a great family. You will cherish having your daughter know her great-grandma. I grew up knowing mine and would not trade it for the world.

Rana August 9, 2009 at 2:15 AM  

Awe...I just love this picture and knowing what it means to you is priceless! Love ya!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP