Tuesday, August 11, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. A recap of our trip to Oregon tomorrow!!
2. Busy getting the house together for my big, fall daycare enrollment. It's going to be CRAZY around here!
3. Anyone else itchin' for fall? I'm normally a summer sunfish but I'm starting to want autumn.
4. Is it just crazy that schools are starting THIS week?
5. We might not take our cruise. We are so wishy washy about it. And actually if I hadn't just paid the rest of it 2 weeks ago, I would cancel. I'm just not all that excited about it. Leaving Macy, the extra expenses. I just don't know. We would loose $500 if we get out now. Jeremy said if they only reason I'm thinking about canceling is because we have to leave Macy, we'll just take her with us. Oy. That kinda defeats the purpose. I don't know. It's not that big of deal to take her except on the islands we won't be able to snorkel which is what we LOVE to do. But we could still do the beach and walk the ports, so I don't know. Any opinions?
6. Lil love has her first tooth =) It broke through yesterday! And she is VERY selfish of that tooth, she will not share it. So, don't even try. She worked hard for that tooth and you do not get to touch it or look at it!
7. Have I mentioned I'm ready for school to start? I'm want my routine back!!
8. Random fact about me: I can touch my nose with my tongue. It's true.
9. It is so weird that I'm not 'getting ready for school' in the fact that I'm shopping for school supplies, decorating a classroom, organizing schedules or planners, interviewing students/parents, cirriculm testing, etc. For 21 years I've been 'getting ready for school'. Not this year. And I'm sad. Twenty-one years ago I got a rad, pink Minney Mouse backpack and lunch box, wore my red jumper with red and white striped shirt, white socks and gray loafers (I should go find a picture!) and headed out for my first day of Kindergarten, and I was rockin'! Thirteen years later I graduated highschool; packed up my 1993 Chevy Corsica and drove 240 miles to the BIG city for a life altering college experience. I pursued a degree in Education, graduated in 05 and came back home to accept a position as supervisor of grades K-2. This is my first year in alot of year NOT getting ready for school. And I'm sad.
10. I have a whiney crying lil love bug that needs me, so I'm off. Enjoy your day.

4 comments:

Lyssa August 11, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

I am SOOOO ready for fall!!!

K August 11, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

I imagine it is very bittersweet to not be preparing for school. This is my last fall where I will be a student (eh...I think...lol), so even that's bittersweet. I love the excitement of preparing for a new year; no matter how burned out, I'm ready!

I'm not a momma, so my opinion could change, but I say go for the cruise. The best thing you can do for your baby is to spend lots of quality time with your spouse. But, if you think you will be utterly miserable and not enjoy it, then it wouldn't be worth it.

Leslie G August 11, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Oh my gosh, YES i am so ready for fall!
I'm anxious to hear about your trip to OR. How did Macy Grace do on the plane? You must give me some tips! I'm really nervous about flying with Cam next month.

Rana August 12, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

I agree with K I say stick with the cruise and go on it! If you leave lil Love behind you know that whoever you leave her with will take real good care of her! So many people love her so she'd be in good hands! Of course the decision is ya'lls to make and I know ya'll will make the right one for your family!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP