Monday, December 14, 2009

weekend recap

I had a most fabulous weekend.
I closed the daycare at 4:30 on Friday, my friends picked me up, and we headed out of town for the bigger city. It was great. No agenda besides yummy food and shopping, and a movie. No kids! No husbands! Nothing, just girls. It was needed. We pulled into the city and decided Johnny Carinos would be just perfect. We put our name on the waiting list and ran over to the theatre to buy our tickets, went straight back over to restaurant and we were ready for the table. I devoured a plate of 16 layer lasgana =) and some wonderful bread. We were SO full!
The movie we saw was Brothers and it was intense. I liked it - I think. It was just really really intense. I vote next time for a chick flick!
We found our hotel, split the beds and Michelle and I stayed up talking until 3:30! It was so fun though. The best thing about a shopping trip is that the stores don't open until 10:00am so we had plenty of time to get around in the morning.
We went o Ihop and I indulged in so ridiculous yummo California Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes. Divine.
We shopped and shopped and stood in ridiculously long lines, but I completed my shopping and I feel good. We ate Red Robin for dinner, loved Marble Slap Creamery, and topped off with Starbucks. Mmmmm.
We pulled back into town at around midnight Saturday night and no doubt we were tired but we're young, so it's all good.
Like I said, it was great and I loved every second of it.

Last night we had our Vision Banquet at the church that celebrates the New Year and the theme and goal for the ministries. Our theme is "What Faith Does" and I couldn't be more thrilled with the idea. Faith changes lives. It heals. It believes. Faith is the foundation of my life and there couldn't be a more suitable theme right now. We sang and ate and laughed. I love my church and more so, I love my faith.

Have a great week! Love to all.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP