Saturday, May 31, 2008

oh boy!

I wanted to get this out before I forgot the details. I had another dream last night about the baby. This time, as always when I dream of my baby, it was a BOY! So crazy! I have had probably 2 or 3 dreams of the specific sex of the baby since being pregnant and they have all been boy. Even my several dreams before getting pregnant, I would dream about having a baby and it was always a boy. Jeremy, on the other hand, in his one and only dream about the baby said it was girl! Well, one of us is right. He's not convinced it's a girl, and I'm not convinced it's a boy, but it's interesting to see what the 'dreams' hold and mean. My friend Carla is pregnant with her second child and it's a girl, her first is a girl too. She said all her dreams have been boy, but nope, it's a girl.

So, back to my dream. This dream was also like on I've dreamt before in that in my dream, after I have the baby, I can never recall the delivery. Ever. This time I slept through it! Yeah, right, I don't see HOW that could happen, hehehe. You know, I was thinking, maybe God does that so I won't recall the excruiating pain and be scared out of my wits for the next 5 months ;) Anywho, this baby was a boy, and a big boy, he weighed 9lbs! And it was natural with no pain meds - yikes! When I asked the nurses about it (because I couldn't remember) they informed me I went from a 0 to a 10 in pushed and had a baby in less than 4 hours, there was no time for an epidural. My friend Katy was there and when she told me I slept through the delivery, I asked her why she didn't make me up, she said she didn't realize! I asked her how I handled it and she said I was crying. The baby had some dark hair, not alot, but some and beautiful blue eyes. I remember it was several hours later, like 6am (I had the baby the night before and didn't know until the morning) and I was holding my baby and he was laughing (imagine that, who would he get that from?!?) and I just started crying telling him how much I loved him. That was really special to me, because I never thought I would be 'one of those moms'. I'm not emotionally attached to much in life, and I didn't know that I could love someone as much as I love this baby whom I've never met, but yet it's a part of me. I truly believe that it's something you don't understand until you experience it. The dream was long and drawn out as most dreams are and they intertwine with other pieces of information that is 'off the wall', but it was a sweet dream.
Oh, I remember one part, I wished really bad when I was holding the baby and trying to use my camera that I had one of those moby wraps - I'm pretty sure that's a sign that I should get one!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP