Thursday, February 26, 2009

simply no words

I am posting this on behalf of my friend Jennifer

Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wear Pink Tomorrow!

If you read my blog earlier this week, then you know that fellow Mom of Multiples Brook just lost her sweet baby girls, Sydney and Carynne. They suffered from Spinal Muscular Atrophy, type 1. Their funerals are tomorrow, which is also the day they would be six months old.

Let's pay tribute to these sweet, beautiful girls by wearing pink tomorrow. A pink scarf, pink socks, a pink shirt. Whatever you have, wear it! If you send me your picture I will post it on my blog. Just post the link to it in the comments section.

And while we're at it, let's help try to find a cure for SMA by signing the Petition to Cure SMA. SMA is the number one genetic killer of children under the age of 2.

http://www.petitiontocuresma.com


This is what the precious girl's momma had to say:

Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Wednesday

Dear Sweet Girlies,
I miss you so much today. Carynne, I miss the way you suck in your bottom lip when you're getting ready to smile; I miss the way you hold onto your puppy's ear; I miss dancing with you when Ellen dances; I miss holding your hand while feeding you; I miss laying beside you on the floor and talking to you. Sydney, I miss the bubbles you blow; I miss the way you get so excited and start breathing hard when we're playing; I miss you 'lifting weights'; I miss smelling your stinky feet.

I miss hearing all of your machines. Just a month ago you were living without the assistance of oxygen and in such a short time we had to continually increase your liter flow. I'm sorry if we pushed it on you too much. I miss watching your Oximeters. I think I became addicted to checking your numbers...making sure your oxygen was at 100% and your heart wasn't beating too fast. I miss that stupid noisy suction machine. I know you hated it, but it helped you. They came and took all of your machines yesterday and at the time I was glad because I don't want to remember you being hooked up to machines, but today the house is too quiet. The phones have stopped ringing; the front door is locked; it's just me and your daddy left to pick up the pieces.

I was doing laundry this morning and you still had clothes in the dryer. Every piece I pulled out was the cutest thing you'd ever worn. Every piece brought me comfort and tears at the same time.

I am so lucky that I got to be your mommy, if just for a short time. Thank you so much for letting me get to know you and love you like I have never loved before. Thank you for the countless sleepless nights, the dirty diapers and the constant worry. Thank you for all of the firsts; I think my heart melted the first time I held you in my arms; the first time I saw you smile; the first time I heard you talking to each other over the monitors; the first time you wanted nobody but me.

It's hard not to be sad, but I'm really trying to be strong for you. I know that your bodies weren't meant for this world, but your souls are with us forever!
Love,
Mommy


My heart, I'm sure like yours, is broken.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP