Wednesday, August 27, 2008

100th post!

My blog is officially a blog, I've reached my 100th post! So, in honor of tradition, here are 100 things about me (or life in general!)

1. I am a Baptist Christian.
2. For life.
3. I love God.
4. And my family.
5. And my church.
6. As a matter of fact I grew up in the same church I now attend.
7. And graduated from it's christian school.
8. Then attended a Baptist Bible College.
9. I majored in Christian Education.
10. I am now a school teacher.
11. I specialize in learning to read.
12. I really enjoy my job.
13. I'll miss it when I stop working.
14. Which will be this year, it's my last for awhile.
15. Because I'm having a baby.
16. But you know that because my blog is titled a bean in my belly.
17. I only have about 2 months left before I crack open.
18. I don't care if it's a boy.
19. Or a girl.
20. Nor if it's healthy.
21. I mean I would like a healthy baby, and I want it to live, but if it has a 'difficulty', or 'special needs', or 'deformation', I will still love it.
22. And it will be perfect no matter what.
23. I'm already so in love with this baby.
24. It truly is a miracle.
25. And a blessing.
26. I love feeling the baby move.
27. It is a surreal and amazing feeling.
28. I also love photography.
29. I don't feel that I'm very good at it though.
30. But I am trying to learn.
31. It's a long process.
32. It's more than just 'shooting a picture'!
33. It takes me forever to proof pictures because I'm a huge critic.
34. Miranda, I'm still working on 'em ;)
35. They will be done before I have this baby.
36. Even if that includes refusing labor until all are completed!
37. I love my dog too.
38. His name is Jake.
39. He is a black lab, my furbaby.
40. He's ready for a sibling.
41. I've decided to do this post about things I love.
42. Which includes snow cones.
43. Shaved ice specifically.
44. Make that green apple!
45. Reading is also a love for me.
46. Hasn't always been that way.
47. Ask my teachers, I hated reading in school.
48. I didn't have an appreciation of it until my college years (imagine that!)
49. I mostly love reading fiction novels.
50. And I like series that take place 'back in the day'. Such as the 1800's and early 1900's.
51. I'm currently fascinated in a series on Amish, so interesting!
52. I'll also read how to books and practical living books.
53. And I'm into some pregnancy literature right now.
54. As a teacher, it's probably not surprising, but I love to learn.
55. Again, not something that was always in me.
56. If I could make a living just going to college and studying anything and everything, I would do it.
57. I have a deep appreciation for eduction and the well educated.
58. Another thing I love, which is at the top of my list is my husband.
59. His name is Jeremy.
60. I love how he loves to surprise me.
61. And it can be the most random thing, but if he can somehow surprise me with it, he will.
62. I even enjoy his sense of humor.
63. I don't tell him that often, I act like it's ridiculous, but truly it makes me smile.
64. I'm one of those girls who will just bust out laughing over something that happened yesterday!
65. I love love love to laugh =)
66. It's so healthy!
67. I know that my sense of humor is different than most and I can find humor in the weirdest things, so I just enjoy myself alot of the time.
68. Even when no one else is laughing.
69. It's also a defense mechanism for me.
70. I'll laugh when I don't know what else to do.
71. Or when I don't know what to say.
72. Sometimes I'll even laugh in a series situation, and it's not funny at all.
73. I'll even get the giggles and laugh forever over nothing.
74. One of my favorite things is to be sitting all alone and read something and just bust out laughing OUT LOUD, for real, not just lol. But seriously laugh out loud, it's great.
75. Something else that I love is decorating.
76. I'm not the best, but I love to think of what I would do if I had the money and time.
77. I'll search for something that I want until I find it or something very close to it.
78. But it has to be a good deal because I'm cheap.
79. I have the baby's room basically drawn out in detail of what I want where and how I want it.
80. Even the finest details.
81. Now I just need to get started on it.
82. I also LOVE the fall season - autumn.
83. It is such a cozy time to me.
84. Anything from apples to pumpkins to mums and pie, autumn is wonderful.
85. And the holiday season, it brings such warmeth to everyone.
86. Truly I love life, and all the seasons bring a nice to change.
87. Except for winter.
88. I don't mind cold weather and actually welcome it from Thanksgiving to New Years, but after that, bring on the spring.
89. January is the worst month in my opinion.
90. If we could just go from christmas to new years to March, I would be a happy camper.
91. Maybe I should have been a bear, then I would just sleep through those months.
92. And where I live, we really don't get a spring, sometimes not even a fall.
93. But I look forward to it nonetheless.
94. Of course summer.
95. I could go on and on about how great summer is, but I won't.
96. Because I'm almost done.
97. Let's see...I love...
98. sea salt scrub, lip gloss, my cell phone, the internet, my lap top, my camera, movies, fruit, chocolate, pizza, shoes, purses, clothes in general, animals, the outdoors, massages, pedicures/manicures, air conditioning/heating, tanning, the ocean, cruising, highlights, my FRIENDS, dishes (I have a weird obsession with always wanting dishes!), organization, my watch, my wedding ring, I'm pretty sure I could go on and on...
99. And my BED, yes, my bed. And trust me, it is SO comfy, it DID deserve it's own mention! I'm in love with my bed.
100. But the last thing and no doubt the most important is my faith and love in God. Everything I mentioned above I could loose in 2 seconds, and I would still have God. Nothing can take that away from me. It's a peace that passeth all understanding. A fullness of life and spirit. I know that I can go to sleep tonight and wake up with everything I have gone - my husband, my baby, my dog, my house, my car, and anything else, but if I'm still alive, then I still have God. He is my best friend in the whole world. I can lean on Him when I feel that my entire life has shattered from beneath me, and He's there, as strong and stable as ever.
I have a good life. I have a blessed life. I am very thankful for all these things, but most of all, for my Lord.

1 comments:

K August 29, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Great list! Wasn't that fun? (Sorta anyway? :P )

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP