Tuesday, August 19, 2008

an all too familiar routine

Yesterday was the first day of school, and it was most likely my last first day of school as a teacher for a VERY long time. Truthfully, I'm shady about beginnings, I was just ready to have that first day under my belt, and it is. When I rolled out of bed (literally!), drudged to the bathroom, turned on my favorite radio station for the morning show, and stepped in the shower, I was reminded very suddenly of all too familiar routine. I am a routine person. I normally do the same thing in the same way everyday. So, when I fell back in step so naturally with what I do every morning, I was reminded that this is my life for the next 9 months or so. Yikes. But I love it. I do. Or I wouldn't have went back.

The children were great! It is so fun to see their excited lil faces on the first day of school, so much anticipation =) Hopefully, they were not diappointed; so much is built up about going to school for the first time and the first day of school. Today should be a more organized and 'routine' day for the lil kiddos. I'm sure I'll have some interesting stories to share, they keep my life bouncing!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP