Sunday, August 17, 2008

randomness

Truthfully, it doesn't seem like much is going on my life and yet it is absolutely crazy and can be overwhelming all the same. I was chatting with a friend today and just told her, I'm taking it one thing at a time. School starts tomorrow. I'm pretty much ready. There is a few things to do this evening, but overall, I feel much more organized and ready than I did a week ago. I put in some loooooong hours this week. I'm not complaining, I did it to myself. I played all summer, which was just oodles and oodles of fun, and dedicated the last week before school started to school =)
Now that school is starting and I will fall into a routine, I can focus on other things. First things first - Heart to Heart. We have our first meeting in September and while I have it pretty much under control, it will feel better once everything is spelled out and the first meeting is underway.
Then onto the housing front. Because I pretty much have NO CONTROL whatsoever about what is going on within (or without) these four walls, I just slap a happy smile on my face and go with it. Or at least I pretend to. Did I mention that the other day we did make a day trip to buy some carpet for the bean's nursery? So, things are moving, slowly but moving nonetheless. My goal tentatively is to have whatever it is that we are going to be doing with our nursery done by the first weekend of October. That gives me a few weeks to get everything else under control. However, I have learned not to get too comfortable in my plans. Things shift around here quite a bit and I'm ever-so-quickly learning to be flexible and go with the flow. It certainly has increased my knowledge on the stable fact that God is in control of every circumstance and He is working things out for my good. There is something I would like to share, but it will wait until I know more. I am just trusting God that in His timing things tend to work out better than in my own. So...that is where I'm at.
I told my friend today that when people start conversing with me, it's always, "Hi, how's the pregnancy? How are you feeling? Doing okay? School's about to start, you ready? What are you going to do when you have the baby? (to that question I have an itch to say, whelp, hopefully push it out, but I don't!) Are you going to keep working? Who's taking your position? How's the nursery? Is it all together?" And that is when I draw the line. Please, please, please don't ask about the nursery, it sends me into an emotional crisis 3/4th of the time. Not really, but it's like that is the one thing that isn't quite under control yet, but it's getting there, and it just makes me nervous trying to explain that to everybody. It's getting there. And then people just stare at me.
So, yeah, my life is bananas right now, but I'm going with it, and my motto is "If it doesn't kill ya, it'll make you stronger!"

And with the baby, this bean is growing like crazy. I can definitely tell that I'm getting bigger, or have gotten bigger in like the past week or so. And my belly is getting considerably harder, like all the time =) And the bean no longer limits it's crazy dancing and yoga routine to evenings, it's pretty much an all-day thing, and it is so cool =) I must admit that I've had a good pregnancy and don't have too much to complain about. I get really excited just thinking about my lil bean...

Oh, please pray for my dear friend Alicia, she reeeeeeally needs to crack out her kiddlet, as she's 40 weeks pregnant, ready to have her baby and she doesn't seem to be making much progress. She'll make a wonderful mom and besides, this world could certainly use another cute bean =) I'm thinking it's a girl, but they don't know yet, so that is just another reason to get it here ASAP!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP