Thursday, January 1, 2009

my 2008

I had planned to do a year in review by photos posting a photo of each month of the past year that highlights the year. However, since I'm working off my laptop and most of my pictures are on my desktop, that just won't work right now and really want to get this posted. Maybe I'll edit later with pics. Until then here goes.

January - I set my new year's goals and failed in several, almost all of them. Umph, that's encouraging! But really what stands out is the fact that we were really praying for Jenilee's dad and his battle with cancer.
February - Of course, my BFP!!!! I got pregnant!
March - Morning sickness
April - My birthday; heard Macy Grace's heartbeat for the first time; publicly announced my pregnancy; took a trip to Atlanta that I won with the company I represented
May - We bought our shaved ice business "The Ice Box"
June - Saw Macy Grace for the first time on our u/s, and took a fabulous vacation - cruise and Vegas
July - Camping and my trip to Oregon
August - Bought our new property and worked as a sponsor with our church teen group on a trip to a conference in Oklahoma City
September - Worked the Ice Box =) and began our massive remodel to our new home
October - Jeremy's 27th birthday on the 1st and continued the remodel
November - Moved into our new home and of course Macy Grace's prized enterance on the 8th
December - Christmas =)

Thinking back on the past year brings a mound of several different emotions for me. It has been quite a year, and quick one at that. I suffered disappointments and frustrations but joy and happiness. We prayed and prayed for Bro. O'brien and God allowed a few more weeks out of him before calling him home. Katy's mom was taken into Heaven on October 22nd, a day I'll never forget.

The year was special for Jeremy and I as we realized it was our last year of just us and planned a fabulous vacation for June. We flew to San Diego and cruised the Mexican Baja for 6 days, spent a few days in San Diego, drove the desert to Las Vegas and flew home. It was a very memorable trip. We also bought our shaved ice business and saw our teamed efforts of talent and ingenuity work once again. It was bonding working together those hours and teaching Jeremy just how long to pour the syrup on each sno cone ;)

We bought another house and slaved many long hours to prepare for the arrival of lil love, so that we could bring her home to home finished (and it happened!). I remember the overwhelming desire to provide the very best for my baby and all the tears and work behind it.

It's bittersweet, I never want to forget the times of just me and Jeremy. Our comradery is unmatched. The humor we share that only we get is corny at times but fun - it's called love. It hasn't always been roses but it has always worked. I knew there would come a post that described the feelings of adding the baby and taking away the time of just us and I knew it would be backed with the words she's worth it. And it is.

I cried this year, alot. I cried tears of pain and heartache and tears of joy. But in the end, all I can say is God is good. I am a planner but learned to be flexible, God is in control. Things don't always go as planned just go with how they go. It'll all work out.

I'll close my thoughts of 2008 with a song. I attended a concert in March before my pregnancy was made public, I was probably 7 weeks along or so. I went with my family and touched by the music of Legacy 5. They closed the concert with Tim Parton singing, "God's Been Good". I cried. It sang my song perfectly. The song was not released on cd yet so I couldn't purchase it and had somewhat forgot about it. Until one Sunday when my cousin Tyler sang this song in church. I was touched. I remembered the feelings of everyone of these words as it mirrored my life. I haven't forgot about it since. It's perfect...

God's been good in my life
I feel so blessed beyond my wildest dreams
When I go to sleep each night
And though I've had my share of hard times
I wouldn't change them if I could
Cause through it all
God's been good

Dear Jesus, thank you for your goodness. I am married to a loving man and have been blessed with an amazing Macy Grace. I have a beautiful home complete with a cuddly Jake. I have a church and friends that are my support system. But above all, I have you, and saving grace and that is all I could ever ask for. My life is full and God is good.

2 comments:

Rana January 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Thanks for posting the youtube of "Gods Been Good". I love the song and it means a lot to me. Each time I hear it I sit and listen to those words I look back on everything God has given me and gotten me through.

Sorry I don't know why it won't let you post, I'm pretty sure I've got it unlocked. I'll try again. :(

Mommy Moreno January 6, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

Happy New Year! Hope 2009 is just as good to you & your family!

I responded about the skirt ... but I'll put the response here as well so you dont have to go back & look for it;
"I found the tutu at BRU - its wendy bellismo and it was on CLEARANCE! I just couldn't pass it up! ;)"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP