Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 in Review

My friend Jennifer over at her blog posted a year in Review for 2008, and I thought it was fitting for me to do the same!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

I had a baby =)

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

No, I really didn't have any, but the goals that I did have, I didn't quite accomplish all of them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, my dear friends Alicia, Abby, and Carla

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Yes, my best friends mom

5. What countries did you visit?

Mexico

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

More organization and money!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

February 25th - the day I found out I was pregnant
June 5th - when we first saw the bean
July 11th - my lil brother's wedding
November 1st - my due date come and gone!
November 8th - the day my life changed forever, I gave birth to my first baby - Macy Grace

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Becoming a mommy

9. What was your biggest failure?

last year's new year's resolutions!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I was hospitalized once for dehydration while pregnant around 10 weeks, no major illness or injury, I'm proud to announce!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Either my camera - a canon 40d digital slr - or the investment property we got for steal

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Ok, weird question - but I'm going with mine, I was pregnant for 9 months and didn't hardly complain (and I have a blog to prove it!) or my dog Jake's he's been wonderful with Macy Grace, or my husband who has loved me and helped way beyond the call of duty. We've all been good =)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I truly can't think of any ONE thing...

14. Where did most of your money go?

Bills I suppose - good question!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Macy Grace and our fabulous vacation

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

Probably "My daughter's eyes" by Martina McBride or "Safe and Sound" by Matthew West

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? slightly fatter - I just had a baby
c) richer or poorer? poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

loved more

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

being neglectful towards my personal life and husband, not appreciating everything that have

20. How did you spend Christmas?

With my family at my dad's and we watched Marley and Me

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Yes, Saturday, November 8th

22. What was your favorite TV program?

I really don't watch much tv

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I don't have time to hate people

24. What was the best book you read?

A series by Beverly Lewis called Abrahm's Daughters - all of them, I loved it

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I didn't.

26. What did you want and get?

My camera, and a healthy pregnancy

27. What did you want and not get?

I didn't get my house completely finished

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Ugh, it doesn't seem like I really had time for movies, I loved Marley and Me

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I worked, we went out to dinner though and I turned 24

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Striking it big somehow

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Maternity - ugh

32. What kept you sane?

Chocolate =) and snowcones! In reality, my husband

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

None

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

the election

35. Who did you miss?

Old friends and family members I've not seen in a long time

36. Who was the best new person you met?

New person...besides Macy Grace =) I feel like I just formed better relationships with the people I already know, I did get to train my new assistant Kim and she's fabulous

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

All things work to for good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose, it's for my good and His glory. It's not about me, it's about others.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

God's been good
In my life
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams
When I go to sleep each night
And though I've had my share of hard times
I wouldn't change them if I could
Cause through it all
God's been good

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP