Thursday, October 16, 2008

so far behind....

wow, I'm 2 dr's visits behind and 1 weekly update...sorry!

I'll start with last week's (37th week) dr's visit. It went well. I'm at once a week visits which they just weigh me (ugh...), take my blood pressure (which is NEVER high, so that's good), and measure me (right on target) and listen for a heartbeat (always at 150!). I tested negatiave for the strep b test, so no antibiotics during labor and delivery, that's a plus. I'm pretty boring. So, I suppose the news I should break is that at my appt last week, I was up 3 lbs...eek. In two weeks - 3 lbs. The nurse assured me that it was great because I went almost a month of not gaining. But still. Who LOVES seeing the numbers on the scale go up and up and up? None.of.us. I'm just telling myself, it will come off, it will come off. We visited about me really wanting to avoid a c-section rate, and assuredly my dr informed me that he has a low c-section rate and will work with me the best he can to avoid one as well.

On to this week's (38th week) appt, which was yesterday. Everything the same, the bad news, I gained nearly 3 more lbs. HOW? HOW on earth??? Oh well....it's for a good cause I suppose. I swear nothing is different. Nothing. I don't eat more. I'm just as active. I just must be one heck of a baby baker or something! The dr isn't concerned so I there is no reason I should be. I can just feel it. I'm so much more 'puffy' than normal. I'm retaining water, starting to swell, which I don't like. But who does? Who WANTS sausage toes? However, I'm getting a precious lil bundle of joy what of it, so I'll take the trade.

On to how I feel. I knew you wanted to know. Actually, it's not the worst, but I'm starting to ache and feel tight and crampy and just achey. However, truly, I feel like I'm FOREVER away from delivery. I just don't feel like it's about to happen. But who knows? No one, except for God, and that's good enough for me, He's the only person who can control it anyway. I'm excited about having the baby, but at the same time, not quite ready. The house still needs some work. However, the good news - the baby's room is ready! Kinda. The walls are painted and the carpet is in. We picked up the furniture last night and bought a mattress, so today I'm going to start assembling it and getting everything moving in there. That room and me and Jeremy's room is done. We just need flooring in the living room, kitchen, and dining room, and we can move stuff in. It will need a few more little things, but things that we can do once we are at least sleeping there. It will be a huge relief when it's all said and done, trust me. Maybe that's what keeps me from thinking I may be on the verge of labor and delivery...the thought that it just can't happen right now. Ah, the power of the mind...maybe. Or it's just the good Lord protecting Jeremy from a heart attack and the stress of getting it all done because I'm sitting at the hospital. I told him I'm just not worried and he shouldn't be either. It will all come together, it will be finished and it will work out.

I'm only working half days this week due to parent/teacher conferences, I'm just not sure how I'll make it next week. I'm dreading it, big time. I can't stand for long periods of time and sitting hurts. So, you wanna know what my real plan is? I'm going to get that baby's room ready. There isn't much I can do on the house as it is. I feel pretty useless being 38 weeks pregnant and working on a house laying flooring. So, the weather is calling for a fabulous forecast. I'm will work on the getting the nursery up to par, everything washed and put away, then, I'm going to just do some heavy, heavy walking. I want to have this baby naturally, but I will not just sit around here and wait for it to happen. So, as long as the weather is fine, I'm walking. Yeah, pray for a natural birth to happen this month and of course in God's perfect timing =)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP