Saturday, September 5, 2009

ramblings

Last night my dear friend Kim married a man named Todd and it was beautiful. She was a gorgeous bride. And so relaxed. Seriously the wedding was just very low key and not stressed at all, and just wonderful. And I tried my hand at some wedding photography. I have ZERO desire to shoot weddings. They are too much. I always feel paniced to get the right shot at the right time and it truly just isn't my thing. But last time was different. It was fun. The photographer and I started chatting and he grabbed his backup a - 40d - and told me to shoot away. He said, "You never know what you might get"! Yikes. So, I shot. Completely carefree. And it was crazy. He then attached his 70-200 2.0L on the 40d and told me I was now in heaven and to just enjoy it. It was crazy gorgeous. And crazy heavy. But crazy fun. I'm sure I didn't get one keeper out the bunch just because it was so random and completely not thought out at all but it was a great experience.
And Kim's husband would not tell her where they were honeymooning to! It was a total surprise. She knew they were flying out but that's all. He gave her general directions, pack for cool, warm, casual, and nice. We guessed cruise. She just texted and said, Space Needle for dinner and tomorrow an Alaskan cruise! She's boarding the Princess Star for a week cruise. I love surprises. And hate them. At the same time!

Speaking of cruises, we have one coming up. If J gets off work. They are extremely short-handed but he hasn't taken time off in almost a year, so he put in for next month. If he doesn't get off, I think I will cry. Even though we had thought about canceling anyway, knowing that we can't go, not that we don't want to go will be sad. I'm thinking if he can't get off we might still take a short few days away on his nights off. We'll see. It won't be nearly as wonderful as a cruise, but God knows best.

And if we take the cruise, we both have peace that lil love will go to!!! It was a difficult decision, but once we actually verbalized that she will go, it now seems weird that we didn't consider it right away. I have done some heavy research over the past week and I totally want her to go. My perspective has changed alot. We are now a family. Sure this vacation won't be the same as without a baby, but life isn't the same without a baby. It's not like we could leave the country and have limited access to communicating with her for 7 days and feel great about it. We would not be relaxing. Our life has changed. We choose to make memories with her. We can spend our vacations basking in the sun carefree when our children are grown. Until then, we choose to make memories with her rather than about her. I don't want to remember the feeling of regret when I walk the gangway missing Macy Grace. It will be a long 7 days. I'm just not ready to be away from her for that long. Sure cruising will be different with a baby, but like I said, life is different now with a baby. We enjoy Macy Grace. Feeding her, changing her, playing with her isn't work to us. I won't be cooking or cleaning and that is vacation to me! So, now we are just waiting on the vacation request.

It's Labor Day weekend, the last weekend of the summer and we are working around the house. Cleaning, washing laundry, packing away Macy's summer clothes and possibly getting to some projects. I've got grocery shopping to do and paperwork to finish. I go to my workshop next week and while I'm ridiculously excited about it, I can't think about leaving just yet. I'm confident Macy will be fine and I'm thinking about work and my business, not a vacation. Although it will be loads of fun. I better go, lots of work to do today! And because I can't go without leaving a pic, here is one I took in July and just realized I never shared it. I have alot to share over the next week.

1 comments:

Lyssa September 5, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Was hoping you had pics of the wedding! My MIL did the cake but I haven't even seen any of her snapshots yet. I heard it was beautiful. So glad to hear that Macy will be going on the cruise with you!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP