Wednesday, September 3, 2008

another dr's appt

I never updated on my last dr's appt. It was last Tuesday and aside from my semi-breakdown to the nurse, it was anticlimatic. I just was really overwhelmed and have had alot on my plate lately so when the nurse asked if I had any questions, I said no, but went back on that and started crying. She assured me that I am very normal and it is okay. It certainly is an emotional time, so not to feel bad! I did discuss some cramping and she said as long it doesn't increase or isn't accompanied by a change in discharge, then it most likely is normal. She assured me that if I have any questions at all, just to call. I also mentioned my struggle with sleep. She said that while she feels it's 'mother nature' preparing me for motherhood, it would be okay to take some meds to help with relax me and help me sleep better. She recommended tylenol pm, benadryl, or even dramamine.
The dr measured me and I'm right on target, my blood pressure is great, and the bean's heartrate was at 150. The scariest part of it all was my weigh in. I have gained 22 lbs as of last week, yikes! It is so hard. I don't eat more than I used to, it's just different. My friends all assure me that it's all belly, but I feel like it's not. And I know I've grown since last week, so, it could get scary! Actually, I'm going to buy a new battery for my scale at home so I can be weighing myself again. It sorta helps with the initial shock of what I weigh besides just seeing it in the dr's office. Oy. Things are moving right along, literally and I love it. I now see the dr every 2 weeks! The countdown is getting closer =)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP