Wednesday, November 5, 2008

dr's appt

I should have known, this is my child, and I struggle with being on time, BUT I'm not this late....come on bean!
I had another dr's appt today, all went well. I haven't gained any weight since last week, so that is a good thing, my blood pressure and baby's heartrate were right on. I asked about a weight/size prediction and he guessed 8 lbs 2 ounces, yikes! Not sure if I wanted to hear that or not. He didn't use an u/s, just a guesstimation. I'm anxious to see how close he is! Dr checked me and my cervix is slightly softer than last week, I'm making some progress at least. Again, I denied the chance to induce. My dr is not induce happy, he said if it was his choice he would want every woman to wait it out, but as we know that isn't always possible. He was just leaving me with the option to have an induction if that is what I wanted/needed for some reason.
And I feel good so there really isn't any reason to rush things, that is just my personal opinion and how I feel personally about having this baby. But we did discuss the options if I don't go within the next week. I have an appt scheduled for next Wednesday the 12th(which I REALLY don't want to have the baby then, that's my anniversary!), and should I make that appt I would have an NST (non stress test) and schedule an induction for Friday the 14th. He really doesn't see it coming to that point, but we set up a plan of action to take if needed.
I have mixed emotions about the entire thing. Do I want an induction? I feel like I have expressed enough that NO I don't. But knowing there is a for sure date at the end, the 14th, I can handle that. It's 9 more days. And like I said, I feel good, I'm not miserable, I'm okay.
I did cry however on the way to the dr's office. Then I gained my composure and went in like a big girl. Before I left Jeremy kept asking me why I was crying. I told him I didn't want to go today, I wanted to be at the hospital or home with my baby in my arms. I told him how stressed I was that I might have to have an induction and with him going back to work next Friday I would be home alone with a newborn. He assured me we would just take the weekend off and deal with it later. That helped, I just hope it's really that easy.
After everything with Heather, I'm just reminded about the gift of life. Thank you Jesus for protecting me and my lil baby this far, it is only by your grace and goodness that I'm even pregnant, moreless still carrying my child.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Rachel November 6, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

I'm sorry it *might* come to an induction (hopefully it won't!!!) I never wanted one either.

But at some point it's no longer safe for your baby to be inside... so it's best to have it on the calendar!

ps I'm being induced on the 14th!!

Mommy Moreno November 9, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

sending you labor dust ... if you still need it ;) and letting you know youve been tagged :D

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP