Friday, February 12, 2010

whoa, what a week!

It has been crazy!

Monday just after I finished my post I realized Macy was really sick. She had been sleeping for almost 5 hours and I knew instantly it was more than just the normal teething troubles infants endure.

Seems how we were just at the doctor a little over two weeks ago, I called. Hiedi (I love Macy's APRN!) definitely wanted to see her. At the time, I didn't feel Macy was running a high fever with only a 99.6 temp, and she's teething. Later, I discovered my thermometer is off by a good 1 degree! She really wasn't feeling good. She had a cough and runny nose, generally irritable and wheezing. Jeremy took her in that afternoon for her appointment and they called me concerned that she could have pneumonia. They went ahead and gave her an antibiotic shot of Rocephin to kick start the treatment. I met Jeremy at the hospital for blood draws and xrays. We waited in radiology together but he needed to get to work and it was just about 5 in the evening. They called us back and showed me the contraption that we would need to strap lil love into to get the xrays. At that point it dawned on me. I'm pregnant. I can't be in here while they do xrays!! I mention it to the tech and he definitely agreed and told me I could get her situated but would need to leave the room for the xrays. I call Jeremy back and asked if he could come back to stay with her, he couldn't get there fast enough, so I strapped her in and left her like this!







Of course I felt horrible hearing her cry for me and Jeremy, "Mammmmmmmaaaaa....daaaaaaadddddddyyyyyyy" but it was quick and as painless as could be!

During this process we realized her leg where they gave her the shot was swelling and I needed to contact the office immediately to find out what they gave her so we can watch the swelling. It was an allergic reaction to the Rocephin, which she has had several times. So, its unusual that she showed an allergic reaction to it.

The worst was yet. I don't enjoy pain, but I can handle needles. I don't faint or hyperventilate, but I don't like them. And watching my baby get poked and proded which she just plainly doesn't feel good and has had a rough time, why, gosh, it just hurts! The lab tech was extremely nice and only poked her once but fished for that vein for awhile before deciding, she just isn't a good candidate for blood drawing. She opted for a finger prick and we managed through it! Lil Macy was ready to go! She just cried and cried. The dr's office had given her a couple of suckers and she did not want to let those go. She didn't realize she could eat them but she would not let loose of those suckers! After she just wouldn't calm down, I opened a sucker and she was thrilled!

We made it home, I gave Macy some benedryl and the swelling went down pretty quickly. They called on Tuesday to let me know she doesn't have pneumonia but the croop. We are treating it with breathing treatments, an oral steriod, and antibiotic! We had a few more rough days, but by now, she's nowing SO much better!

We are very thankful.

I have been taking pictures of her just playing with her toys around the house and meant for that to be a post this week, but now I'm behind (again!) but I'm anxious to share her sweetness with ya'll soon!

3 comments:

K February 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

Poor baby. =( Hope she is 100% soon!

Rana February 13, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Man...I just can't get over those pictures! My heart breaks everything and my eyes start watering just seeing our precious lil niece be tortured like that!!!! I need to come over and give her some love!!!!

Leslie G February 16, 2010 at 10:43 AM  

Poor baby, that just breaks my heart. I can't imagine how you felt. Hopefully she is starting to get better!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP