Monday, February 22, 2010

clean.

My life feels so wonderful when everything is clean. Now, I'm not a clean freak. However, I love a clean house. And more so an organized house. Stuff makes me nervous. Clutter really bothers me. There are times I go over to friend's houses and it's so organized and clean, it actually makes me feel good and I'm assuming them too. Then I go over to friend's houses that are just, cluttered. And actually it makes me nervous. And I want to race home and completely reorganize my home and make it spik and span.

I grew up in a very clean home. Our bedrooms weren't always clean, but our house was. The dishes were always clean, the bathrooms nice and sparkly. They just were. Even during my mother's illness we had a 'picked up' home. We had chores and I hated them. My mother reminded me it was so that when I was grown and had my own home that I would know how to keep it clean. I told her I would hire a housekeeper! haha

When I got married I kept a semi-messy home. It wasn't horrible, but I didn't vaccuum or dust every week and I would allow the dishes and laundry to pile up. One thing I wanted before I had babies was to get a routine down and get on top of my housekeeping. Living with someone else is hard. And it does take effort to get on the same page and keep the house clean.

I'm no expert. I still struggle. But I'm thankful that in the time that I've had Macy Grace, I keep a much more organized and clean home. I still struggle mainly with laundry. I just can't get a system down. But I now LOVE a clean kitchen and bathroom. I feel so at peace if my kitchen is perfect and the bathroom is sparkly. And I am much more organized behind closed doors then ever before. My cabinets are very organized and I love it. I'm sure it's time to go back through them and reclean but I love the fact that the are under control. I can be messy on the outside but I know if you open my linen closet, I can tell you where everything is :)

With that said, I'm a purger. Major. I don't keep stuff just to keep it. I am sentimental to an extent but I'm willing to part with alot of things. I have a ways to go before everything is just how I want it, but I'm pleased with my progress. My theme for 2009 with simplicity. I wanted a simpler life. We downsized majorly in our space in 2009 and it was good for us. It really was.

So, today I'm back at it. Laundry. Cleaning. Organzing. I will conquer this!

Does anyone have a good system for laundry? I try to do at least a load a day, anyone have anything else to recommend? I'm open for suggestions :)

3 comments:

Rachel February 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

I am the same way!!!! I get overwhelmed with clutter and messiness and feel so alive and fresh when my house is clean!

K February 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

We live in a teensy apartment w/o a washer/dryer, so no system is allowed. lol. When we get our own house, I will probably due the load-a-day thing, but right now, I do the bulk every two weeks. It takes too much time to lug it all down to the laundry mat to do it more frequently....

Lyssa February 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

I know I will always get the clothes clean but it's the other things that end up slipping. So I do Tuesday Towels, Wednesday Whites and Saturday Sheets.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP