Saturday, May 2, 2009

the greatest of these is charity

"Faith, hope, charity, but the greatest of these is charity". It's the first thing that came to my mind when I started reading this story. Several months ago I posted a link to this dear mom's blog Brooke and the loss of her sweet girlies Carynne and Sydney. I offered everyone the chance to sign a petition for Congress to allow more money to go into finding a cure for Werdnig-Hoffman Disease also known as Spinal Muscular Atrophy, type 1. I had revisited the blog since the day her babies died, but had thought she hadn't updated it, I was not looking at it right. I was wrong. She had pages and pages of updates and I started reading through some of it. And it is very heavy stuff. Heavy. Intense. It's not for light reading. I sat down here and have just cried my eye's out literally (and I don't do that often!) and ran into the other room and grabbed Macy and just held her and cried and told her how much I love her. I tell her that anyway, but I needed to again today more.
I want to challenge you to make your way over to her blog and start reading (when you feel that maybe you can emotionally!). I only got through about 3 posts, it's all I could handle for this morning. But if her story touches your heart, leave her a comment and let her know. Pray for her and her husband. My philosophy is you never know when you will need a band of prayer warriors on your side, so do what you can now.

And if you have a little one to love, love them extra much today. And tomorrow. And the next day. We all have someone to love, so reach out and show it. Don't get so wrapped up in the petty things, just the little things everyday things and love. The biblical truth is so true, the greatest of these is love.

Blessings!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP