Monday, May 25, 2009

vacations

I love to travel, I do. Always have. There is something purely exhilirating about boarding an airplane, checkin into a hotel, the laid back feeling of vacationing. My family took a vacation nearly every summer growing up. I've had the priviledge of traveling alot with school and church activities. I've seen the pacific, gulf coast, and the atlantic (kind of, probably shouldn't count that one since it was in Miami and there is a fine line between the caribbean and atlantic right there). I have been to many different states, mexico twice, and the bahamas. I consider myself blessed to have had these opportunities. Jeremy never did alot of traveling growing, actually, he basically never traveled; so traveling together has been adventurous.

I love all sorts of vacations and traveling. From overnighters to a fabulous vacation (I went looking for my link to our fabulous vacation last summer and realized I NEVER posted it - how did that happen, that's my next post!!), I'm game. So, when we headed down the the city last week for Sid's college graduation, I realized it had been 9 months since I had been there!!! 9 months, wow. I'm TOTALLY craving a weekend getaway. Badly. I just want to leave on a Friday evening, go somewhere and come home Sunday night. I'm going to get to work on this asap =) Back to the topic at hand, I booked a cruise. This cruise. And if you know anything about cruising, it was a wonderful deal, just wonderful. The only drawback. The only reason I'm not obsessing for shore excursions. The only reason I haven't mentioned this thus far? I'm leaving Macy behind.

We talked and talked about this. We considered taking her, the airfare is free, but she costs to take her aboard. And the cost is the same as an adult! She will not remember it. She would not be able to do anything but crawl (maybe walk) around and that makes me nervous. We also entertained the thought of taking along someone (Jeremy's mom) to help with Macy Grace, but then the cost is even more and truly Macy doesn't need to go. I would rather take her when she is old enough to be excited about it and can remember it.

I have until July 26th to fully make my decision and I can get my deposit back if we change our mind. The cruise isn't until October and I desparately need a getaway with J and rolie polie, so I'll focus on that and get excited later for the cruise.

Peace.

1 comments:

K June 1, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

The cruise sounds awesome! J & I really want to do a cruise next year. I can't imagine how hard it will be to leave the wee one, though...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP