Monday, May 25, 2009

backtracking

One of my highlights of 2008 (besides of course lil love's enterance into the world) was our fabulous vacation. It was so long and fun. I'm going to do my best to recap it so I can remember this vacation for lots of years!

We wanted to plan a great vacation because we me being pregnant we really had no idea how a baby would potentially change our lives and when we would be able to travel again. This seemed like the opportune time. I received the okay from my dr and we planned. We looked at all different cruises and decided that we would do a 5 day cruising the Mexican Baja from San Diego. We cruised the Carnival Elation stopping in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and Ensenada Mexico. We added a few days to our trip by exploring San Deigo and then driving over to Las Vegas to fly home.

Our vacation started on Saturday June 7th, as we packed our car and drove south to Oklahoma City to catch our afternoon flight to San Diego. We arrived in the city, worked out car arrangements with my brother and ate lunch at the yummy On the Border restaurant. I needed to make a last minute run to Walmart(remember - the swimsuit drama? well, I needed some bottoms!)and we caught our flight in perfect time. Here we are in the terminal waiting!



Our flight stopped in Dallas then on to San Diego, we arrived around 11:30pm. We rented our car which worked out to be pretty nice and found our hotel by around 2am. Driving in San Diego was new for me and thankfully we had our GPS. We did get lost because the address of our hotel was on E street, well, I thought that represented East street so it took us to the ghetto and I was freaking out! I called the hotel and realized it was E street and we made it there alive - thank God! We have come to understand that in our few short years of marriage, that I am the better driver. Kind of. Jeremy just gets ridiculous road rage and freaks out. I get really nervous in the big cities but I just listen to him to tell me where to go and it works better that way. To each their own right?

I'm going to recap each day separately. This was day 1.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP