Friday, May 1, 2009

morbid?

I have no problem talking about death. And actually some might refer to me as having a morbid view of death. I'm not sure that I would describe myself as morbid, but maybe. I suppose I wanted to mention this aspect about me because I think about death alot. And I have no problem preparing for death and discussing it. I think it's because I understand that it's envitable and while I don't enjoy the thought of dying nor the topic in general, I'm comfortable discussing my feelings about it.
I have had very close and personal experiences with death. I've sung the song and danced the dance more times than I care to recall.
I was visiting with my inlaws when I mentioned their will and I wasn't aware that they don't have one. I casually asked what they would desire of their estate when they die and to my surprise they didn't have it written out anywhere. Which is fine. But what sorta weirded me out was the fact that my MIL said she doesn't like to think of death so she won't. While I understand that most people don't enjoy thinking or speaking of death, in my opinion it's a fact of life. And it will happen, so be as prepared as you can.
While on the subject, we don't have a will - yet. We are working on it. We really need one especially with all of our investments and of course, Macy Grace. We have decided on her godparents, but we still need to ask them! But in general we are working on the whole thing.
Like I mentioned, I don't just get all warm and fuzzy with the idea of dying, but I think about it. I don't think of myself dying that often, but other people.
In the next couple of weeks, I may be writing on this very subject of death. For several of reasons, it is a topic that encompasses my thoughts on a regular basis this time of year.
After reading this you may agree that I have a morbid view of death. And I'm okay with that.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP