Monday, May 4, 2009

weekend recap

I had a busy and productive weekend but would have it no other way because I hate boring weekends!
Friday night immediately after the last kiddo vacated the premises I bundled lil love up and we headed to Alltel for a new cellphone. Mine had been slowly breaking over the past few months and I was wanting a new one. The plan was to get in and out in record time to make it to my friend Beth's candle home party by 7:00. It was alrady 6:30 so I knew I was pushing it but thought I would try! Well, I didn't make it to the party, I actually spent my Friday night at Alltel for 2 HOURS! Yup, I wasn't in my car headed home until 8:30, grr. Oh well, I got a brand new phone in the process and I loooooove it (so far!). I sort of had a difficult time deciding because it's such a commitment. I don't like paying for a new phone so I'm usually stuck with the same one for 2 years unless I need to make an insurance claim. I made it home, nursed a fussy baby, ate a yummy pizza J was able to cook up real quick in the oven, and I was in bed by 11:00 =)
Saturday morning Macy Grace and I laid around a bit and were somewhat lazy until J got off work and then it was on my agenda to clean house. I've been switching out lil love's winter clothes and the new sizes (she's wearing 6-9 months now), and it has taken quite some time. Worked on that, worked on cleaning the house, then needed to meet at the church to get some supplies ready for the Mother Daughter Banquet this Friday. My friend Katy and I had to make a short trip to get fitted for her wedding and while away I hit up an Alco store and scored an amazing deal on some rollup bamboo shades. I've been eyeing some for a while because I'm wanting a new look for our living room giant size window. After our trip we ran a few quick errands stopping by my dad's house for a few minutes and picking up some gringas (quesedillas) at the taco shack.
We enjoyed our normal Sunday routine with church and made up all of our shaved ice flavor concentrates making my hands very rainbow stained! I worked on a few photography projects and surprisingly this morning when I wokeup (early!) I'm not that tired. Maybe I'm finally getting used to my new life!?
Have a blessed day =)

1 comments:

Leslie G May 4, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! In regards to your asking about photoshop awhile ago, it's definitely something that took me a long time to learn. Since I majored in Graphic Design in college, I used it on a daily basis. It wasn't until I got a job doing graphic design that I REALLY learned how to use it, though. Anyway, Adobe Photoshop is pretty complex (and pricey!) for someone just wanting to do a bit of photo editing. I think there are other programs out there that would be a lot easier to learn, such as Photoshop Elements. But like with any program, you just have to play with it, you know? I haven't tried Pioneer Woman's photoshop tutorials, but I believe she has some on her site. Good luck!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP