Friday, May 8, 2009

half a year baby, half a year

My Macy Grace,
Oh sweet baby, I would like to start by just telling you how much I love you. That seems to be a reoccuring theme lately but I love you more and more each day. I have been quite emotional lately when talking about you and what you mean to me, but I can't help it, you are just that wonderful.

Today marks 6 months since you have been born and I have loved every second of it. It is so cliche but I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Before we know it, we will be having your 1 year birthday bash (it is going to be so stinkin' fun!!) and my itty bitty lil love will be not be so itty bitty anymore.

You are certainly changing and have an amazing personality. You are very generous with your smiles and are so observant of everything going on around you. You'll just sit back and watch it all. However, if too many people start gathering around you and getting in your space, you fuss and want them to go away.

You love to play with your fingers and toes. And of course everything goes straight into your mouth. One thing you really enjoy is long drawstrings. You'll take my drawstring and wrap it through your fingers and just suck on it and if I take it away your get upset. You have this cute lil stuffed weiner dog and love to suck on his tail. You also love your lil pony. When we take baths together you love to suck on the washcloth it is so cute. Sometimes you'll be playing with that washcloth and just look up at me with those big brown eyes and the washcloth will be hanging from your mouth, it is so cute! You have really noticed Jake in the last month. The way your eye just light up right when you see him is amazing. I love it. You'll just watch him and want to pet on him, I think you will be best friends with him.

You are at a very fun age. You roll around but are not mobile enough yet that it's a problem ;) You are learning to sit up and but don't quite have it down yet. When you are laying on your tummy, you will flap your arms and kicking your feet like you are swimming! And you love to be outside.

I have started giving you veggies and so far you like them. Of the green beans, carrots, peas, squash and sweet potatoes, squash is your least favorite. I made it to my short term goal of breastfeeding for 6 months and I'm so pleased that it worked for us. You eat like a champ but still will not take a bottle! I've given you a sippy cup a few times but you don't exactly have that down nor do you enjoy it.

By far, my most favorite thing about you my dear, is your laugh. If I could bottle that up along with the look in your eyes, I would, and I would keep it for life. It is the most amazing sound in the world. You are a mommy's girl, but LOVE your daddy, and that's okay we'll share you!

Sweetie, you are the light of me life, and I am blessed to have you. You make my days brighter and more meaningful. Your daddy and I love you more than we could have ever imagined and that love just grows and grows. I say it often, but it's a love you will not understand until you are a mommy yourself. I love you my sweet baby girl, I love you.

With all my love,
Momma
xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Rana May 8, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Awe...Thanks for posting this! I know its more for you but I love reading your blog especially the ones about Macy. The love you have for her just jumps off the screen...hehe!
Have a wonderful Mothers Day!!!

K May 9, 2009 at 2:53 AM  

awww....

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP