Monday, April 20, 2009

7 Friends Every Woman Needs

I found this article last night on MSN I didn't have time to read it, but because of the catchy headline I saved it for today. After reading it, I decided that it made excellent blogging material.

"7 Friends Every Woman Needs"

The truth is that I have some pretty awesome, rockin' friends, I do. And to be honest I have a few friends that fit every category. For example. Alicia. We met in college, and we have never been the same. She's not so much a kooky friend, but she was definitely a 'new friend', without a doubt the 'couple friend', even a '9 to 5' friend a few times, she's a friend 'who shows up' and 'who's been there', but most importantly she's the 'friend you'll keep for life'. I several like this. But I thought it would be fun to actually label each one. So, here I go.

1. The kooky friend - probably the most difficult. I don't have many kooky friends, odd and crazy maybe, but not kooky. Except Charity. She's kooky.

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown


2. The new friend - Carla. We shared our pregnancies, her lil girl was born 7 weeks before Macy Grace.
Friends are the most important part of your life. Treasure the tears, treasure the laughter, but most importantly, treasure the memories. ~Dave Brenner


3. The friend you'll keep for life - Breanna. We laugh about the craziest things, things only a handful of us understand, but she's a keeper.
Sometimes in life, you find a special friend. Someone who changes your life just by being a part of it. Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop. Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world. Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it. This is forever friendship. When you're down and the world seems dark and empty, your forever friend lifts you up in spirit and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full. Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, the sad times and the confused times. If you turn and walk away, your forever friend follows. If you lose your way, your forever friend guides you and cheers you on. Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay. And if you find such a friend, you feel happy and complete because you need not worry. You have a forever friend, and forever has no end. ~Unknown


4. The couple friends - Alicia. She actually fits all of them, Katy too, and Breanna, but my ONE couple friend was Alicia =)
We look at each other wondering what the other is thinking but we never say a thing. ~Ants Marching


5. The 9 to 5 friend - Kim. She was my breath of fresh air.
There isn't much that I can do, but I can share an hour with you, and I can share a joke with you....as on our way we go. ~Maude V. Preston


6. The friend who shows up - Katy. Without a doubt.
It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~Marlene Dietrich


7. The friend who's been there - Julie. She taught me about life.
The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. ~Author Unknown

1 comments:

Mommy Moreno April 21, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

awwww - this post is so bittersweet for me as I feel so distant from my friends lately. :-( Thanks for pushing me to work to build those friendships back up.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP