Monday, April 20, 2009

weekend recap

Friday afternoon I was so ready and excited for an 'early evening' and the chance to wake up Saturday morning without an alarm clock like the good 'ole days! I knew my last pickup was shortly after 5 and my weekend would begin. Jeremy stopped by for a few minutes and on his way out he said, "El Amigo Chavez - 8:15 sharp", I was giddy. Ah, after a long day, I was being treated OUT, YES!!! I fed Macy some squash and milk and was hoping she would sleep through our dinner as she normally does. It had been raining all evening so without doing myself up (as there is ZERO point in the wind and rain), J came to get us and off for the Friday special at a yummy mexican restaurant. I dash in the hostess informs me they are closing early because they ran out of food. How does that happen? Okay, whatever. Plan B, La Hacienda, mexican choice #2. Three bowls of chips and salsa later, the yummest chimichanga plate, and cinnamon/sugar sopapillas we were heading home for an early retirement for me and work for J. I enjoyed the divine pleasure of sleeping in 'til 7:30 and lounging 'til 8 when we decided a day trip the close small bigger G City, I was excited! It would be rushed, but good to get away for a day. We hit Home Depot for fence pickets, Sears and Target for Macy Grace, and Sams. We drove home, arranged daycare (my parents) for itty bitty and we were off to the church for our adult Sunday School class party. I was the coordinator and we ate snack foods and dessert and played a murder mystery. It seemed to go well. It was a late evening Saturday as Macy Grace cried alot for my parents after she ate her squash. So it took a while for me to calm her down and get her to bed. Sunday we had church and I got about a 1 hour nap in the afternoon. The thing about kiddos - no Sunday afternoon nap. And I miss it! Last night was a late one as we picked up the house and cleaned it really good in preparation for a busy week with wild and crazy kiddos. The weekend was fast, too fast, but good, now it's back to the grind!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP