Thursday, April 23, 2009

well baby follow up

Macy Grace had a follow up visit to the dr today and her 4 month well baby visit (even though she's 5.5 months old). We tried for the well baby shots two weeks ago but because of her wheezing and allergies concern they wanted to wait it out. She has taken prevacid for the last 2 weeks and we have definitely seen an improvement so they are pretty sure this will take care of the acid reflux. Today the dr said she sounded much better so we can step down to one inhaler twice a day and continue with the prevacid for at least 30 more days. I'll probably stick with it for 60 until her next well baby.

Because of our schedules, it actually worked out better for Jeremy to take her this time and he did great. He was nervous he wouldn't really know the information the dr would need, so I wrote it out for him and the ARNP texted me to tell me everything went great and Jeremy did fine =) Isn't that funny? She knew he was nervous especially because they gave her 3 shots and he was trying to comfort her afterwards, and quite bluntly the best comfort is me and my milkers. But they did great. I called to check on them and heard her screaming I almost cried myself, but J said she had JUST received her shot right when I called and she was fine once he got her and bundled her up to come home! I met them in the driveway and opened her door and she gave me a big smile when I picked her up and she let me hug and kiss on her =) I don't think she is too upset at me.

I have made an effort to snuggle extra more because her leggies hurt :( She just wants to sit on my lap and chew on her paci, yup, not suck, chew.

Oh, and I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but at 5 months she weighs 15 lbs and is 24 1/2 inches long!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP