Friday, April 10, 2009

Dirty Laundry?

Okay, so in several of the blogs that I follow and read along to, they have been airing out their dirty laundry. I suppose it stems from an Oprah show that aired Monday on the topic of "Mothers Are Coming Clean". Oprah dishes on how motherhood is extremely hard and they (mothers) need to know that they have a support system in other mom's. This is what she said

"We hear from mothers all the time who say they feel alone. They feel overwhelmed; they feel sometimes inadequate. And you say you're afraid to admit the truth for fear of being judged," Oprah says. "So today we're creating a judgment-free zone, a sisterhood of motherhood where anything goes."

You can actually read the entire episode here.
Well, we were challenged by Jodi to just air it out - the dirty laundry that is. And she went on to do just that. Now before you get all click-happy and jog on over there to check her list, there is a slight disclaimer. The post and challenge was intended for mom's to confess. To confess in a judgment free zone without any chance of pointing fingers and receiving loads of hate mail or comments. So, if you feel that reading these confessions will upset you and make you question all mothers in existence and their abilities, then don't read. And if you'll be tempted to leave hate comments, don't read. Remember, judgment free zone. It's things that mothers are normally afraid to admit, but it's truth.


And, I am going to air some of my own. But again, the disclaimer still applies. If you are afraid you will never view me the same, sorry, maybe this particular post isn't for you and you can just tune back in later today for a different post. Got it? Good. And if you think mine are bad, go ahead and check out Jodi's and her readers they get intense, but yet true.

Disclaimer #2: These are things/thoughts that people (I in particular) are embarassed to admit and would hardly never do so, but yet have chosen to air this dirty laundry simply for mine own therapy. Some of these could be offensive, I'm sorry. And I will state a few of things just how it is and not justify it.


1. I'm really not all that organized. But don't tell J. Because I pretend to be, and I try to be, but I'm just not always (or hardly ever) organized.
2. The same applies to holding a clean house. It's much better than in the past, but still just never quite as clean as I would like.
3. I can't tell you the last time I really scrubbed the bathtub.
4. Sometimes, aka, alot of times, in the night when Macy Grace starts crying and I know she doesn't really need anything, I just turn the monitor off.
5. I love to take something to help me sleep. I don't do it often, but if I'm really tired and have alot on my mind, I will, just to send me off to sleep land.
6. I hate lil love's car seat and the need to buckle her up like she's going to the moon every time we get in the car but still do and pretend like I think it's the best thing on earth.
7. I'm not green. I'm just not. As a matter of fact the only thing I've done that I can recall to being eco-friendly is that I quit buying bottled water. I buy it by the gallon instead. And that's not really because of being eco-friendly, it's being wallet friendly.
8. I also don't know when was the last time I washed our bed sheets.
9. I don't brush my teeth or shower everyday.
10. I hate the way I look. I do.
11. I'm terrible at mailing things. Actually I still have a box of things I bought 3 months ago that I need to mail to my friend and never ever did. I have a gift that I bought back in August and still haven't sent it.
12. I never mailed out all of my wedding thank you's. (see number 11 for explanation)
13. I run late to nearly everywhere I go. And I hate that.
14. I get so frickin frustrated when J doesn't listen to anything I say past the first sentence.
15. I also can't handle ADD/ADHD excuses. Like, I'm sorry, I can't focus I have ADD or ADHD.
16. I used to think fat people were just lazy.
17. I'm really not all that easy going. I'm actually quite anal.
18. Alot of times I hate the fact that I opened my life and heart up to a furbaby, aka, my pet dog Jake. I love him, but it's a pain to keep the house clean from his hair.
19. You would be surprised at how often I feel that I will fail as a mother.
20. I wear the same bra over and over again, but change my undies at least once daily ;)

So that's that. I challenge you to let go, and air it out! You don't have to be a mom to hang some dirty laundry, if you do, let me know and I'd love to read yours!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP