Tuesday, April 14, 2009

weekend recap

My weekend was busy and very fun. It started on Friday when I decided that my lil daycare girl JD and I needed to dye easter eggs, which turned out to be a fine success. We played hide and hunt the easter eggs about 32 times =) Friday evening we had a leadership meeting planned out our friends the Linders house and that went very well. Macy Grace is just a really good baby. It makes me feel good about being able to take her out and about because she really doesn't cry that much.

Saturday I cleaned house, had a hair appointment and tried to take some pictures of Macy Grace in her easter dress. It didn't turn out so well. Here is proof.



I like it mom, it tastes delicious!





Mmmmm...this is SO good!!!



Oh my, there's another layer?!?



Well, there ya go. She's a wiggly one!

On Saturday we had a bbq planned for/with our very good friends Alfred and Shirley as they will be leaving in a month to go on deputation to start a church. We will miss them SO much, I can't even talk about it without crying. As you would have it, it rained and rained and poured all day, so logically, a bbq is ruined. Welp, not us. Nope. Don't question our grilling abilities. Okay, not my grilling abilities but the men's. They improvised and grilled under an awning and instead of eating outside we just moved it to the family life center at the church. Worked perfectly. Mmmm, grilled burgers are about 110% better than fried. They MUST be grilled. It was bittersweet. It was wonderful to spend some time together but sad knowing it was the last time for quite awhile. I took ONE pic, yup, one, and I refuse to post it. I (and the charming ladies in it) would not appreciate public scrunity, it's not pretty - after a crazy day and running the rain, it just isn't blog worthy!!

Of course Sunday was special as we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am SO blessed to know Him and know that He lives! We had dinner at my
grandma Carols and it was so stinkin delicious. What would a blog post about Easter be without the food, ha!?! We ate ham, and twice baked potatoes (I seriously LOVE those!), sweet potatoes, green bean roll-ups (my fav!!) dinner rolls, deviled eggs, corn mash casserole, it was just so stinkin' good!!

Here we are, don't mind me...no, please, don't - just focus on lil love! She's precious!

easter 033

That was my weekend, it was nice.

1 comments:

Rana April 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Oh I love the greenbean roll ups...yummy! I like your hair, I don't think I've seen it that dark...very nice! Lil Love...what can I say other than "I have the cutest niece in the whole wide world!"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP